Shannon and Scott came up for a weekend visit. We all enjoyed In and Out on Friday. Avery warmed up to Shannon very quickly.

On Saturday, Erin watched Avery while the four of us went to Mt. Rose. We all took snowboard lessons together. Now let me paint you a picture. Shannon, Scott and Kyle have all skied. Some more than others. Now I haven't skied since my ski trip with Sarah our freshman year in High School (1991). That was my first and only time. With mental support from my brother, Keith, I was willing to give snowboarding a try. We got all geared up. We missed the first lesson so we just tried to get the feel of the board. The snow was VERY packed...almost like cement. Great conditions for learning something new. NOT!!!
Once we started our lessons, Shannon and I got very frustrated. The boys tried to give a pep-talk. Kyle fell on his hand pretty early but wanted to push through. I kept trying to stop and would end up in the splits with the board hitting my leg. Zach, our instructor, decided we needed to go up the lift and try a slope. Once on the lift....I was totally freaked out. Why am I going down a slope with no confidence in what I am doing. Well, we all did it. Kyle and I both fell pretty hard and hit our heads. Thank goodness for the helmets. Shannon fell on her knees really bad. Scott did well. I think the boys liked it more than the girls. We were very proud of ourselves when we made it down the mountain since we saw so many medical rescues on our way down.



After our lesson, we decided to grab some food and head home. My legs were hurting, Kyle's wrist was swollen, Shannon's knees hurt and Scott was tired. We did stop off to get Kyle a brace for his wrist. After eating chinese food and putting Avery to bed, we all enjoyed some Advil and alcohol to help the pain.
On Sunday, we drove up to Lake Tahoe. It was so windy. We have never seen the lake have white caps. We took a few quick pictures and then continued our tour by car.
We were ate lunch in Tahoe City. Then it was time to head to the airport. We were all exhausted. Shannon and Avery have a great talent of falling asleep anywhere. The rest of us were jealous.

Kyle, Avery and I really enjoyed hanging out with Scott and Shannon.

Kyle now has a 1/2 cast on his arm. No big bones broken. He will be seeing another dr in 7 days and see if a small bone is broken that they couldn't see on the x-ray because of the swelling. Scott made a good point before he left - 'At least it is not golf season'.
You gotta love adventures.
On Saturday, Erin watched Avery while the four of us went to Mt. Rose. We all took snowboard lessons together. Now let me paint you a picture. Shannon, Scott and Kyle have all skied. Some more than others. Now I haven't skied since my ski trip with Sarah our freshman year in High School (1991). That was my first and only time. With mental support from my brother, Keith, I was willing to give snowboarding a try. We got all geared up. We missed the first lesson so we just tried to get the feel of the board. The snow was VERY packed...almost like cement. Great conditions for learning something new. NOT!!!
Once we started our lessons, Shannon and I got very frustrated. The boys tried to give a pep-talk. Kyle fell on his hand pretty early but wanted to push through. I kept trying to stop and would end up in the splits with the board hitting my leg. Zach, our instructor, decided we needed to go up the lift and try a slope. Once on the lift....I was totally freaked out. Why am I going down a slope with no confidence in what I am doing. Well, we all did it. Kyle and I both fell pretty hard and hit our heads. Thank goodness for the helmets. Shannon fell on her knees really bad. Scott did well. I think the boys liked it more than the girls. We were very proud of ourselves when we made it down the mountain since we saw so many medical rescues on our way down.
After our lesson, we decided to grab some food and head home. My legs were hurting, Kyle's wrist was swollen, Shannon's knees hurt and Scott was tired. We did stop off to get Kyle a brace for his wrist. After eating chinese food and putting Avery to bed, we all enjoyed some Advil and alcohol to help the pain.
On Sunday, we drove up to Lake Tahoe. It was so windy. We have never seen the lake have white caps. We took a few quick pictures and then continued our tour by car.
We were ate lunch in Tahoe City. Then it was time to head to the airport. We were all exhausted. Shannon and Avery have a great talent of falling asleep anywhere. The rest of us were jealous.
Kyle, Avery and I really enjoyed hanging out with Scott and Shannon.
Kyle now has a 1/2 cast on his arm. No big bones broken. He will be seeing another dr in 7 days and see if a small bone is broken that they couldn't see on the x-ray because of the swelling. Scott made a good point before he left - 'At least it is not golf season'.
You gotta love adventures.


1 comment:
Hilarious! I love it! I know for sure I would have sucked big time at snow boarding! That's so awesome that Scotty and Shannon went up for a visit!
Post a Comment