6.16.2008

Father's Day Weekend

Father's Day weekend started out great but had a few bumps for us. Kyle came home early on Friday so we headed to the pool as a family for the first time this summer. We had a great time but I started to feel bad. By the time we got home, I fed Avery dinner and hit the bed. My sweet husband took care of Avery while enjoying the 2nd round of the US Open. After putting Avery to bed he took care of me. He brought me banana bread for dinner and then med so put me out for the night. He was so sweet and loving with both of his girls.
We both had big plans for Saturday. I got my energy up to head to Camp Bluebonnet for my training. I am volunteering with the camp through JLA in a week so we had to meet to get the scooby on the week. Boy was it hot. During most of my training I was daydreaming of what my family was doing. To be honest....I WAS JEALOUS of them. Kyle and Avery met Steve, Cari, Anders and Jensen at their lake house for a fun day! Now you see why I was daydreaming.
Kyle had a wonderful time. Later that night, I asked him what he wanted to do on Sunday. I knew he wanted to watch the US Open....that was no brainer. He said," Today was Father's day because I spent the whole day with my little girl and it was a blast!" I just proves to me that the gift of time with Avery is the perfect gift. On Sunday, we took it pretty easy. I was still not feeling up to par. Kyle loved opening up his home made wrapping paper covered gift.


Kyle is a wonderful father. I knew he would be when I first met him years ago. He is so calm with Avery. If he hears me trying to get Avery to do something and I am not succeeding, then he steps in. He loves just being in the same room with her. He is a hands on dad not because I make him but because he enjoys it. I love this man so much. In my heart I know that Avery will have a perfect vision of what she needs to find in a man later in life by looking at her father as an example.

2 comments:

katrina said...

Lady, so good meeting you at Camp Bluebonnet Saturday. Your father's day story is soo tender sweet! What a wonderful little family you have and seemingly a wonderful husband. I feel the same way about my boyfriend. He is a huge golf fan too, I'd love to have you guys over afer we endure next weeks inferno. See you Monday!

The Daily Stroll said...

What a great post! Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well but it sounds like you were in good hands!