Today is a special day for us. We have been married 9 years but we have been together for 15 years. Kyle and I started dating in 1993. He was a senior and I was a junior. Our friend, Olivia, likes to take credit for introducing us. We met one night after a sports banquet at Anderson HS. We started to getting to know each other by going on group lunches and talking on the phone. Only after knowing Kyle for a few months, I asked him to dance with me in our drill team's Spring Show. We had a great time. Kyle went off to UT but still continues to come back to high school functions for me. After HS, I went to Southwest. We had our fair share of college parties but remained together. Kyle graduated from UT and moved on to Baylor for his MBA.
Kyle proposed at the Arbor here in Austin the summer of 98. It was a total surprise. No need to go into the details. He asked my parents that day while I was working at Hallmark. Kyle had my parents and his parents waiting back at his house after he proposed.
We got married in 1999. It was the perfect wedding. With family and friends around us, we started our life officially as Mr and Mrs McClure.
I married my high school sweetheart and best friend. He is so wonderful. We have been through so many emotional rides together. We always stand strong together. I love him with all my heart. When Avery came into this world, we took another road together. Everyday my love continues to grow. These past 9 years have gone by so fast. I can't wait for many many more.


7 comments:
Happy anniversary! So sweet, you made me I cry. I LOVE the old pictures!!
Happy anniversary! It's so nice to see people in our generation can still make a marriage last. You two are a great example!! Have a wonderful Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary, and congratulations!! You two are special people. What a great example you are leading for Avery!
Too sweet! Jeez, if I had married the guy I danced with in Spring Show, I would be miserable!! :)
P.s. A Chloe is an expensive handbag designer. And it's not relevant to kid-world so no, you shouldn't know it. :)
Your pics through the years are great! Happy Anniversary! We miss seeing you.
Wow...I never realized our stories were so similar!! ;) It's rare to meet people that have married their high school sweethearts and that also made it through college together! Happy Anniversary! Loved the pictures of you guys through the years!
You were talking about how empotional you are, it's no wonder with beautiful memories like that. I am sitting here with big fat tears watching the slide show. Yall are too sweet.
Post a Comment