If you have talked to me at all since we found out we were having another girl, then you know that I have been searching for all the goodies I can find for Avery's big girl room.
I finally decided to go with the Shabby Chic style.
If only I had gone to Roundtop this year...darn it!
Oh, well. Maybe I can hit it this spring??? Little McClure will only be a month old? She could hang in the sling for the day and Avery can have a Daddy day.
Sorry, I got a little off topic.
Here is my plan:
I am taking back my old daybed from my grandmother and giving her our full from our guest bedroom.
I found a great deal on bedding.
After hunting around for a dresser, I went back to my old favorite...craigslist.
My HS friends were having a garage sale. The Cloud girls are both getting married and needed to get rid of some of their goods. If you know them, then you know they have a WONDERFUL eye for decor. Mandy is an interior designer. I must say I made out like a bandit at their house.
I am going to use the stain glass that Mariclare bought me a few years ago with some other stuff I already have. I need to make a seat for the rocker and change the knobs on the dresser, but other than that I am done....for now.
Here are a few pictures of my new purchases and some things I already have.




I still need to decide what color to paint the room. I know that will take FOREVER to decide. Let me know if you have any suggestions...please.
I will post a picture of her room when it get put together.
I finally decided to go with the Shabby Chic style.
If only I had gone to Roundtop this year...darn it!
Oh, well. Maybe I can hit it this spring??? Little McClure will only be a month old? She could hang in the sling for the day and Avery can have a Daddy day.
Sorry, I got a little off topic.
Here is my plan:
I am taking back my old daybed from my grandmother and giving her our full from our guest bedroom.
I found a great deal on bedding.
After hunting around for a dresser, I went back to my old favorite...craigslist.
My HS friends were having a garage sale. The Cloud girls are both getting married and needed to get rid of some of their goods. If you know them, then you know they have a WONDERFUL eye for decor. Mandy is an interior designer. I must say I made out like a bandit at their house.
I am going to use the stain glass that Mariclare bought me a few years ago with some other stuff I already have. I need to make a seat for the rocker and change the knobs on the dresser, but other than that I am done....for now.
Here are a few pictures of my new purchases and some things I already have.
I still need to decide what color to paint the room. I know that will take FOREVER to decide. Let me know if you have any suggestions...please.
I will post a picture of her room when it get put together.


6 comments:
Oh how CUTE!! Just make sure that isn't lead-based paint. :) Summer
I say a sagey green for the walls. To pick up on the bedding.
I'm LOVING the stuff you bought! She's going to have such a sweet big girl room!
LOVE the stuff for Avery's room! I am a huge fan of the shabby chic style, hence my trip to Roundtop! :)
Let me know if you EVER need a companion to an antique shop, etc.
OMG...that looks very similar to Ella's bedding! I have paint samples from SW and my favorites are bathe blue and tradewind. Still deciding if I should have the painter come or if I want to keep my walls nice and clean and one color,
Very cute!! I have to agree with Summer about the sage for the walls...maybe add white chair rail around the room or even crown molding?? Maybe you can even find a cute little chandelier too?! ;o)
Post a Comment