5.10.2009

Thanks

This weekend has been wonderful. I have had time to think about what it is like to be a mom. I am so blessed to have two healthy little girls and a loving husband/best friend.

Before having Avery and Kendall, I never really understood what my mom did for me as a child. I remember what a great mom she was from elementary on but who really remembers before then. Oh, I saw pictures but it wasn't the same. I now understand what my mom did for me. Now that our family is complete with two girls, I see what she had to do to juggle Keith and I. WOW she was great. My mom is a wonderful friend who listens to me when I need it and gives advice even when I don't think I need it. She has set a great example of what I want to do for my girls.

Avery and Kendall are so lucky to have two grandmas in their lives. Both SuSu and Grandma McClure are ready and waiting to help whenever they are needed and to spoil them as well.
SuSu and Grandma McClure helped us when Kendall was born with meals, loving on Kendall, and just being supportive. We couldn't ask for anything more.

I have so many mommy friends that have listened to me cry, laugh, and ponder. I am so thankful to each of them. They have also helped me through this adventure called Motherhood.

Last week, Kyle asked me if there was anything I wanted for Mother's Day. I told him a few Mommy ideas like a charm for Kendall, a fun mommy necklace I saw, or even a MomAgenda. By Wed, he told me he did like those and was going to get me something else. I was stumped.
Friday night he told me my present was also for my birthday. Okay, that sounded good because we have been talking about getting me a bike for my birthday. Cool!
Yesterday he left with Avery on a gift mission. I had to promise not to ask Avery anything because she is horrible at keeping secrets. At nap time, I went up to the club to enjoy some pool time alone. (I know this summer I won't be having any relaxing moments at the pool).
The first thing Avery said to me was 'Is it Mother's Day?' I told her it was so she ran over and gave me a kiss and hug. We had a lazy morning...I even got to read some.
After awhile, Avery asked, "Mommy did you like your princess ball?"
"What Princess ball?"
"Your gift..you know Mommy, the ball?"
It was all I could do to keep from laughing.
Kyle decided it was time to give me my gift.
Well, Avery was right. She told Kyle she wanted to give me a ball. She picked out a wonderful Princess ball.
Kyle then handed me a card. Inside was a sweet note and a folded piece of paper. The paper was a detailed print out of the Wavefront Lasik procedure with an appt time in the corner for this coming Tues. for a consultation. I was floored by this gift. I am excited and nervous because I have wanted to have this done for so long but never wanted to spend the money and now it is reality. I promise to let you know when it is!!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Weinstein Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Missy! I hear ya-- having kids makes you appreciate your own parents and all they did to raise you.....and wow, 2 is way harder than 1! I'm right there with you! Awesome about the Lasik gift! Jeff had it a few years ago and LOVES it!! Summer

Queen Bee said...

Oh wow!! You'll have to keep me updated on the Lasik! That's awesome!!! :)