We were suppose to go with our MOPS group last Monday. It was rainy so I decided to wait and go on Friday. The plan was to go with Cari and the boys and Jenny with her kiddos. On Thursday, Anders had a fever so they were out. Then Jenny’s hubby was going and they weren’t sure when they were leaving. I thought about it all night. I wasn’t sure I wanted to tackle the unknown with the girls.
On Friday morning, Kyle said he could maybe go the next week in the afternoon. After thinking about it, I decided…WHY NOT???
We were out the door at 8 am to get gas, money, and a biscuit from McDs. (special treat for Avery)
WE HAD A BLAST!!!!!!
Avery and Kendall were in matching shirts. Avery had my cell phone number and name in her back pocket…just in case. I didn’t have a clue what we were getting into but the tickets were free from MOPS so what did I have to lose.
When we first walked into the Reliant Center, a volunteer asked me if I needed a map. I told her of course. She then asked Avery, “Do you have something with Mommy’s name and number in case Mommy gets lost. You know they do get lost some time and we want to be able to find her. “ I knew instantly that we were going to have a wonderful day. The Houston Rodeo might be big but they were ready for anything.
Here are some pictures from “Fun on Farm”. Avery ‘fed’ the chickens, ‘planted’ some veggies, ‘milked’ a cow, and in the end sold all her goods at the market. She was given some play money to buy some real snacks to eat. Super cute!!!
We enjoyed watching the pig races, the Mutton Bustin’, seeing all the animals and so much more. Kendall was a trouper! Avery loved collecting all the cards from the AGventure section. We saw a beehive, longhorns, bunnies, chickens and so much more. We enjoyed our packed lunch inside from the wind and all the school kids.
Before leaving, Avery enjoyed some cotton candy. Kendall didn’t want anything to do with it. She was enjoying her goldfish.
Here are a few more fun pictures of the girls!
Of course Avery enjoyed the golf cart rides to and from the car.
We weren’t out of the parking lot and both girls were out!!!!
2 tickets to the Rodeo $0
parking $12
cotton candy $3
The fun we had and the peace on the way home ~ Priceless
I can’t wait for next year!!!
It will be more expensive since Avery wasn’t interested in any of the rides this year.


2 comments:
Attagirl! Glad you took the girls and had so much fun. LOVE the picture of the girls in their matching yellow shirts. So sweet!
I love love the shirts! Too cute Missy, but I expect nothing less from you! :)
Hug the little ones for us! We miss them {and you and Kyle}!
Post a Comment