4.29.2010

Our First Garden

I do not have the best green thumb but with the extra space behind our garage I decided we should try a produce garden. 

“Everything grows in Houston” is what I have been told!

Last weekend, we bought a few plants to try. Avery really wanted a strawberry plant but they were sold out of the small ones. We caved in and bought the big one that already had some berries growing. We also got a jalapeno, green bell pepper, patio tomatoes, and some cilantro.

After the tree guys left on Wed, I went to Home Depot to buy a raised bed kit. I was ready to tackle the job.

While Avery was at school today, I started clearing the area and put the bed together. I promised Avery I would wait for her to plant the goods.

IMG_7212 IMG_7213

IMG_7215

(please excuse the extras bricks, pavers, and wood shavings)

The tree guys removed some shrub/trees against our new fence. So after we planted in our garden, I decided to start leveling out the dirt so we can add some grass and make a new flower bed.

Kendall decided she needed to help in her own way.

IMG_7216 IMG_7219

IMG_7221 

She was one dirty girl. We had to strip her down before heading in to take a bath. Those clothes are going to need a good soak.

IMG_7228

We had a blast. Now lets keep our fingers crossed that we have something to pick from that pretty garden!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Great job, Missy! Good luck with all the produce! I've been wanting to grow herbs.

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Mertz said...

Great work! And I LOVE the picture of dirty Kendall. Hilarious! :)