4.28.2011

Dress Around the World


My MOPS group is making pillowcase dresses for the church to take on their mission trips this summer for Dress Around The World. We have met in small groups to see how many we can make. Our goal is 50 for each mission trip. I have had a blast helping with this project.

After making a few with friends, I decided I would make one for the girls.
For Kendall, I used a bandana. Of course the bandanas I picked up were not perfectly square so it took some time to get them right.
For Avery, I just used a pillowcase.


Pros: I was very proud of myself. I can't wait to show SuSu in person. It is nice when your master seamstress is impressed.

Neg: Avery does not like it because it is too much around her neck~Really? I am going to try it on her another day.

1 comment:

Sisco Family said...

they are adorable! you did a great job, missy! allie never liked her pillowcase dress either... boo! what i love about them is that they are dresses and as they get shorter they make cute tops with a pair of leggings! :)