10.30.2011

Camping

I am a horrible! I totally forgot to post about Kyle and Avery going camping. 

A few of Avery's friends joined the YMCA's Adventure Princesses. This program is for fathers and daughters. Each month a camper/adventure is planned. A few weekends ago was the first camping trip with our tribe. Oh the girls named the tribe "Shadow Dancers".  (Kyle and I have already talked about how bad the name sounds to adults but the girls love it!)

This first camping trip was to Galveston State Park. We borrowed a tent and sleeping bag from our friends.
With more than they needed, Kyle and Avery were off for a fun filled time. 


Some dads went out on Friday but Kyle decided to only go for Saturday night. It was a great choice because the wind was horrible Friday night. 
Once they got there, Avery hit the beach with the girls. They played all afternoon. I think they did some  kite flying too.

Later that night, they inducted our tribe into the group. Avery's name is Dancing Squirrel. Kyle picked Running Blackberry but the other dads changed to Honey Badger.

Kyle and Avery went to watch the sunrise on the beach. 



She crashed out on the way home.

I think they had a great time. The tribe plans on making at least one camping trip in the Fall and Spring. 
It looks like we will be buying some camping supplies. 

No comments: