This past weekend was the one weekend I have been looking forward to since we found out we were moving here. Kyle's parents were in town so they joined us on our early morning adventure. We left the house at 4 am. I put Avery in her clothes the night before to sleep in so I wouldn't have to dress her in the morning. We drove to Rancho San Rafael Park. We watched the Glow Show and Dawn Patrol which started at 5 am. It was a beautiful sight. After the Dawn Patrol balloons took off we enjoyed watching the people get ready for the race. We were so close to all of the balloons. I must say I got tears in my eyes from all the excitement. Avery was a champ. She loved seeing the dogs walking around and of course the balloons. At 6:45 am, they blew up the eagle balloon to sing the national anthem. After that, 100 balloons started filling up right in front of us. Kyle, Avery, and I walked all around them. It was awesome. Then the mass ascension and Hare and Hound Race started. We watched most of the balloons take off before heading home for some sleep.
Enjoy the slide show...it has lots of pics.




1 comment:
I'm sooooo jealous!!!! Sounds like the early morning wake up call was worth it! :)
Post a Comment