Daddy wanted a new golf shirt for Father's Day. It came in this week. I decided we needed to put some of our own love into his present.

Avery painted construction paper with a golf ball.
Then she ripped the paper into pieces.
I wrapped the present with plain paper.
Avery glued her paper onto the gift.


I hid the finished products away from Avery and Daddy.
Fast Forward a few hours:
Well, Daddy asked Avery what she did all day when he came home from work yesterday. She told him about painting. She ended up finding the gift for him and bringing it to him. She wanted him to open it right then. It took her awhile to understand that we weren't going to open it right then.
Mental note...don't wrap a gift until the day you plan on giving it because Avery can't keep a secret.
Avery painted construction paper with a golf ball.
Then she ripped the paper into pieces.
I wrapped the present with plain paper.
Avery glued her paper onto the gift.
I hid the finished products away from Avery and Daddy.
Fast Forward a few hours:
Well, Daddy asked Avery what she did all day when he came home from work yesterday. She told him about painting. She ended up finding the gift for him and bringing it to him. She wanted him to open it right then. It took her awhile to understand that we weren't going to open it right then.
Mental note...don't wrap a gift until the day you plan on giving it because Avery can't keep a secret.


2 comments:
Cute idea Missy! You're so darn crafty.........I'm sure Kyle was thrilled to receive his early Father's Day gift. Now, an excuse to go out and buy something else for the *real* day. :) Summer
What a great idea! I will have to remember that when Riley is old enough.
Post a Comment