Avery had her first day of Preschool today. She has been very excited about going. For the past week, we try and talk about school and what she might do there. Some mornings she has even asked, "School today?"
After hanging out this morning, she was ready to go. Of course she was ready at 8:00 and school doesn't start until 9:30. She let me know what she wanted for lunch.
When we got to school, I reminded her that I was going to let her play with her teachers and new friends and I would pick her up after lunch.
We walked in her room and she was off. On the tables they had a letter A to watercolor. She thought that was great. She sat down, blew me a kiss, and said "See you later, Mommy!"
I was so proud of her.

When I drove off, I called my friend, Paige, because I knew she was doing the same thing with Bryce this morning. We both said how different we felt not having them with us. She had a lot on her list to do. I didn't because my dad was having surgery and I wanted to be able to be with my mom. I was a little bummed because I didn't get to see my dad before I needed to pick Avery up. I will see him later on tonight.
When I picked Avery up, she was excited to show me the stamps on her hands. She hugged her teachers goodbye and we were off.
She said she had fun and wants to go again. That is always a good sign.
After hanging out this morning, she was ready to go. Of course she was ready at 8:00 and school doesn't start until 9:30. She let me know what she wanted for lunch.
When we got to school, I reminded her that I was going to let her play with her teachers and new friends and I would pick her up after lunch.
We walked in her room and she was off. On the tables they had a letter A to watercolor. She thought that was great. She sat down, blew me a kiss, and said "See you later, Mommy!"
I was so proud of her.
When I drove off, I called my friend, Paige, because I knew she was doing the same thing with Bryce this morning. We both said how different we felt not having them with us. She had a lot on her list to do. I didn't because my dad was having surgery and I wanted to be able to be with my mom. I was a little bummed because I didn't get to see my dad before I needed to pick Avery up. I will see him later on tonight.
When I picked Avery up, she was excited to show me the stamps on her hands. She hugged her teachers goodbye and we were off.
She said she had fun and wants to go again. That is always a good sign.


2 comments:
I'm so glad she had a great first day. I hope Papa White is ok!
It seems like only yesterday she would nap in my office : (
Time goes by so fast.
Post a Comment