12.30.2008

Christmas Eve

Kyle worked ALL day on the garage on Christmas Eve. By dinner time, we were able to put both cars in the garage. That also meant all boxes were unpacked. In 12 days, we were totally unpacked....not bad.

While Kyle finished up the garage, Avery and I joined the Greenleys at the their church for some caroling. Avery was very excited to see someone playing the guitar. She smiled and said, "I have one of those!" After the service, everyone came back to our house for some dinner. We ate and enjoyed each others company.

On Christmas morning, Avery LOVED her new kitchen. She had a great time opening gifts. She would find a gift, ask if it was hers, if it wasn't she put it back under the tree. She enjoyed her first cup of hot chocolate. After a normal breakfast, no one wanted my pancakes...what is up with that, we went on a long walk. Yes the walk was extra long because we got lost on the greenbelt trails and had to use Google Maps off of Kyle's phone to get us home.
We got ready and packed up the car for our drive to Austin. We thought Avery would be so hyper from the gifts that she wouldn't settle down...wrong...it was Jessie that was the problem.
Once we got to SuSu and Poppy's house, we opened more gifts and enjoyed seeing everyone. SuSu and Poppy had their Open House which allowed us to see some friends.
Kyle worked hard on our house for the rest of the weekend. He spent all day Friday and Saturday. I was very proud of all his hard work. I took it easy and didn't do much. Avery did get to play at Caroline's house one morning. We are going to miss the Arnetts. We hope to see them often when we come into town. Rick also has a place to stay here when he comes to Kingwood for golf tourneys.
On Sunday, we signed all the papers to put our house on the market.
Avery and I went with SuSu to a Ballet Brunch. The Nairn girls got a large group of old ballet friends together. These were my close friends while I was dancing at Ballet Austin. We all still keep in touch. 3 of us are prego and all expecting girls within the next 3 months. It was really nice to see everyone before heading back home.




3 comments:

The Daily Stroll said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! Avery is so adorable! How are you feeling???

Rick and Shannon said...

We are SO going to miss y'all, too! I can't even believe that y'all are already unpacked and parking BOTH cars in the garage!!!?? Good job, Kyle! I'm impressed. We hope your old house sells quickly, too. Avery is going to love her kitchen Santa brought. Let us know when you come back to visit!!Happy New Year!!

Michelle said...

Cute Christmas pics!