1.07.2009

Another Milestone

So the painters were suppose to be here today to paint the girls rooms...well they aren't. They had something come up. My plan was to have the room painted before Avery slept in her big girl bed. I know a few of you are grinning because my plan didn't work out.
I decided we would do a few things to her room anyway.
After getting some pretty paper at Hobby Lobby today, we lined Avery's new dresser drawers. We also hung some temporary shades in her room. She was having a great time laying in her bed. I told her she could take her nap in her big bed is if she wanted to. That was all I had to say.
She smiled real big and said, "I want to sleep here!" We went and got her big blanket, monitor, pillow, fan, and dolls to put in her bed.
She asked to lay down early. I jumped on it. After talking to herself and dolls for a little bit, she crashed out. As of right now it has been 1 1/2 hours. YAHOO!!
I also told her we might get a special treat if she takes a good nap. I am having a Sonic craving so maybe we will get a fun drink to share.
I have no idea what tonight will bring but this is a small step in a big milestone for Avery. I am so proud of her.

No comments: