Where to start??
We knew we wanted a new fridge to match the stainless appliances in our new kitchen. We also wanted a counter-depth one. This narrowed our search.
We found one we liked at Best Buy and Sears. We ended up buying the one at Best Buy. We bought it on-line after a full day of shopping.
We ordered it 1/4 and Best Buy said it would be delivered on 1/10. Great!!!
On the 9th, we got a phone call to let us know the window of time they would deliver. On the 10th, we received a phone call to let us know it didn't come in from Dallas. So they were moving our date to 1/12. Fine!!!
On the 11th, they called around 3:00 to give us our window again. 5 hours later...they call again to tell us that Dallas doesn't have any to ship to Houston. By this time, we are getting sick of the run around. How did they know know this when they called at 3??? So they told us they would deliver on the 19th. They were sure they would have it by then.
On the 18th, we get a call to get our delivery window. I ask 4 times. Are you sure you are going to have it. They confirmed with me that they would have it.
On the 19th, I go to the store for the week. I buy a few extra things to keep in our 2nd fridge. Avery goes down for a nap. I chill out and wait. I wait. and wait for our fridge. I end up calling them 30 minutes after the window. (Kyle is also home on this day because his flight was delayed from his ski trip). When I finally get to talk to someone, they tell me it is here but damaged. WHAT!!! Why didn't someone call me so I wasn't waiting around the house.
Kyle ended up calling Best Buy but they didn't seem to care. We did get our delivery fee refunded. Not much compared to what we were dealing with. Now they gave us the date of Feb. 2nd. That would be almost a month after ordering it!!
What else were we going to do. At least we had a working fridge.
So, Feb. 1st came and we again got the phone call for our time frame. So on Feb. 2nd, I put Avery down for a nap, ate lunch and waited. They didn't call or come to drop off our fridge. When I first got on the phone the lady was surprised I was expecting a fridge that day. What??? You are the ones that called us to tell us the time. I could feel my blood pressure going up. I yelled and screamed. She said there wasn't anything she could do for me. By now I so angry that I was crying. She then said she would investigate when we could get one. I hung up the phone and called Kyle. He made a few phone calls but Best Buy didn't really seem to care. We needed to deal with the 3rd party delivery company. I guess when Best Buy got our money they stopped caring about us as customers.
After a few phone calls, we were told we would have a fridge the next day! We didn't believe them. How could they get us one the next day but couldn't get it to us on the right date that they gave us!!!!!
We told them they needed to call us the next morning when the office opened to let us know that it came in on the truck at 4 a.m. They called at 7:20 a.m. to tell me it was here and it would be at our house that afternoon. I still wasn't convinced.
Well they showed up. It looks great! Of course the water hose didn't fit the outlet in the wall so I had to go and buy a connector. I tried to put it on and water went everywhere. Jolly times.
My wonderful husband fixed it when he got home.

Avery loves the couch if you can't tell!!

We knew we wanted a new fridge to match the stainless appliances in our new kitchen. We also wanted a counter-depth one. This narrowed our search.
We found one we liked at Best Buy and Sears. We ended up buying the one at Best Buy. We bought it on-line after a full day of shopping.
We ordered it 1/4 and Best Buy said it would be delivered on 1/10. Great!!!
On the 9th, we got a phone call to let us know the window of time they would deliver. On the 10th, we received a phone call to let us know it didn't come in from Dallas. So they were moving our date to 1/12. Fine!!!
On the 11th, they called around 3:00 to give us our window again. 5 hours later...they call again to tell us that Dallas doesn't have any to ship to Houston. By this time, we are getting sick of the run around. How did they know know this when they called at 3??? So they told us they would deliver on the 19th. They were sure they would have it by then.
On the 18th, we get a call to get our delivery window. I ask 4 times. Are you sure you are going to have it. They confirmed with me that they would have it.
On the 19th, I go to the store for the week. I buy a few extra things to keep in our 2nd fridge. Avery goes down for a nap. I chill out and wait. I wait. and wait for our fridge. I end up calling them 30 minutes after the window. (Kyle is also home on this day because his flight was delayed from his ski trip). When I finally get to talk to someone, they tell me it is here but damaged. WHAT!!! Why didn't someone call me so I wasn't waiting around the house.
Kyle ended up calling Best Buy but they didn't seem to care. We did get our delivery fee refunded. Not much compared to what we were dealing with. Now they gave us the date of Feb. 2nd. That would be almost a month after ordering it!!
What else were we going to do. At least we had a working fridge.
So, Feb. 1st came and we again got the phone call for our time frame. So on Feb. 2nd, I put Avery down for a nap, ate lunch and waited. They didn't call or come to drop off our fridge. When I first got on the phone the lady was surprised I was expecting a fridge that day. What??? You are the ones that called us to tell us the time. I could feel my blood pressure going up. I yelled and screamed. She said there wasn't anything she could do for me. By now I so angry that I was crying. She then said she would investigate when we could get one. I hung up the phone and called Kyle. He made a few phone calls but Best Buy didn't really seem to care. We needed to deal with the 3rd party delivery company. I guess when Best Buy got our money they stopped caring about us as customers.
After a few phone calls, we were told we would have a fridge the next day! We didn't believe them. How could they get us one the next day but couldn't get it to us on the right date that they gave us!!!!!
We told them they needed to call us the next morning when the office opened to let us know that it came in on the truck at 4 a.m. They called at 7:20 a.m. to tell me it was here and it would be at our house that afternoon. I still wasn't convinced.
Well they showed up. It looks great! Of course the water hose didn't fit the outlet in the wall so I had to go and buy a connector. I tried to put it on and water went everywhere. Jolly times.
My wonderful husband fixed it when he got home.
Avery loves the couch if you can't tell!!


2 comments:
OMG on that story....you should have gotten that thing for free...praying everyday for the healthy baby girl that will be here soon! love ya
frustrating!!! We had a bad experience with BB and will not go back, in fact it has been 9 years since we have gone to BB. So glad it here and it looks great!!!! Love all your new stuff, looks like you are having a lot of fun decorating the new home!!
Post a Comment