7.04.2009

Austin Trip with the Girls

Last Friday, we (the girls) got up and drove to Austin. Avery and Kendall did great but Jessie has some bad gas the WHOLE way. You know it is bad when your oldest is holding her nose and yelling, “Stinky”.

Once we arrived at SuSu and Poppy’s, we had to get a few things done.

IMG_3877IMG_3878 

Stories for Avery and food for Kendall

Before naps, Cathy and Katie Shifflett came over to see us.

IMG_3879

After naps, we headed to the Arboretum to meet Emily and Stephanie at Amy’s Ice Cream. Emily has been living in Japan for the past 5 years. They make a trip to the states every summer. I missed seeing her and the kids last summer. This summer it just happened that we were both in Austin at the same time. We are both friends with Stephanie so meeting all together at Amy’s was perfect. Now getting 6 kids the age of 3 and under to look at the camera at the same time is not easy.

IMG_3887

 

Later that evening, Jennifer and Lesley came over to meet Kendall before we went out to dinner.

IMG_3893

I enjoyed talking to Lesley, Bethany, and Jennifer while eating a yummy dinner at Chuys.

On Saturday, we went over to the Arnett’s house. Avery and Caroline became buddies last fall while in class together. The girls played dress up while I chatted with Shannon.

IMG_3903

Uncle Keith came over to see us too.

I love that my brother and daughter have matching hair.

IMG_3896

After naps, Kendall enjoyed hanging out with SuSu while the rest of us went to Lake Austin for some fun.

IMG_3894 

 

 

On Sunday afternoon, we met up with Uncle Shea, Aunt Debby, Josh, Ashlyn and Devin for lunch.

IMG_3923 IMG_3924

I was glad that the kids got to meet Kendall. We had a great time at lunch.

After naps, we went to the Cookie Lounge. Yum Yum!

You get to create your own cookie and then they bake it for you.

We had a great dinner at Uncle Keith and Aunt April’s. The kids enjoyed the slip-n-slide before eating.

Things started to slow down on Monday. Kendall stayed with SuSu and Poppy while Avery and I went to meet Amber and her boys.

The Kennedys moved to Indiana when we moved to Reno. Again, they were in town the same time I was which was great. We went swimming at the house they were staying at. Avery had a great time with Colin and Reis.

IMG_3959 IMG_3958

During naps today, Kendall decided to start rocking and rolling. She loves to sleep on her side.

Too cute for words.

IMG_3982

We went to visit Mommom that afternoon.

IMG_3981

On Monday night, I enjoyed another adult dinner with Shawna, Katy, Blair, and Kathryn. I didn’t take pictures..I know LOSER!

On Tues, I went to lunch with Adriana and Lisa.

Avery rode on the scooter and Kendall napped with Poppy.

 

IMG_3988IMG_3987

Before leaving for dinner, I tried to get some pictures of the girls in their butterfly outfits. Not easy.

IMG_3991  IMG_3998

 IMG_3996

 

For dinner, we met up with Scott and Shannon at Phil’s Ice House. You can tell from the pictures how much fun we had with them.

 

We had an uneventful drive home…which I am thankful for!!!

I enjoyed seeing everyone while we were in Austin.

No comments: