At Kendall’s 4 mth check-up, Dr. Hassel was concerned about her sacral dimple. She wanted to have an MRI to check out how her spinal cord and nerves were connected. This made me sick.I didn’t want to put her through something that didn’t need to be done. After talking to my friends, I went and got a 2nd opinion. In the end, we decided that this was the best road for us.
Today was Kendall’s big day at Texas Children’s downtown. Her MRI was to start begin at 10:30. I woke her up at 2:30 to give her formula for the last time until after the procedure.
We dropped Avery off this morning with Cari and the boy and headed downtown.
They were so sweet to my little angel.
Here she is after getting her vitals check and right before the IV was put in.
I was glad they decided to put the IV in her foot so holding her was easier. She did not like them messing with her arms. We both shed some tears when they put the IV in.
After the IV was put in, we headed to the MRI area. I held her while they gave her the drug M. Jackson took. NICE!
It was weird to watch her eyes glass over but it happened quick and then we had to leave her. That was not easy for this mommy. While waiting to be called back into recovery, I realized after looking at everyone else in the waiting room that my little girl was probably having the easiest test done compared to everyone else. 45 minutes later we were able to hold Kendall while she woke up.
I fed her some Pedialyte.
We waited 20 minutes to make sure she didn’t get sick from fluids before heading home.
On the way home, she was talking and make her new noise. (I will post that video later.)
I am so surprised how quickly she bounced back. She cried when I would have cried.
We will not get the results until next week.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.


10 comments:
Oh Missy, my heart is hurting for you...It is so scary to be in the hospital with your baby. I am so glad you had the test and I am sure that all will turn out great. We will keep her in our prayers. Thanks for the post. She is so cute!
I feel your pain sister, there is nothing worse. I remember it with Lu's tubes. In a few weeks we'll feel it again with her! UGH One of her tubes left a hole in her ear drum and they are going to take a small piece of skin from in front of her ear and cover her ear drum. Not supposes to take but about 30 minutes, but it's my baby.
I'm glad Kendall did so well, I DO believe it's harder on the Mommy!!
Miss you! xoxo
Oh, I know your pain. Jackson had some tests done with his kidneys when he was her age and it broke my heart to see him going through all that. As a parent you want to do all that for them! Please keep us updated on the results. I will be praying that all is well. I am sure you're glad it's over with!
And you apologized for not calling me back yesterday?!? I still have a hard time when Riley has to get shots, I cannot even image! Glad to hear she is doing good - keep us posted!
I was wondering about this...hadn't heard anything it a while. I'm so glad that part is over for both of you. It seems as though all went well. We'll keep all of you in our prayers. Please keep us updated!
XO
ohhh missy,
one of the hardest things is leaving your baby for any type of procedure! i'm glad that today went better than expected. i'll be praying for the results! let us know! we love you all!
Man, what an experience, one Im sure you would have rather not had. Glad that everything went as smooth as it could; keep us posted on results.I will be thinking of you.
Aww poor sweet baby and momma! I am glad it all went well. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted. ((HUGS))
Oh Missy. We are thinking of y'all and miss you all!! Please let us know when you hear something!
I know how hard it is to be in the hospital with your little one. I'm praying everything will be ok. What a cute little tropper you have!
Post a Comment