12.06.2009

The Christmas Season is Here!

I have been looking forward to Christmas. Last year was such a whirlwind~closing on our house Dec. 12th, first time to sleep here as a family Dec. 16th and then quickly decorating a little and unpacking being almost 8 mths prego.

PLUS, Avery is really into Christmas this year.

Once we got home from Boerne, we woke up on Sunday and hit Home Depot for outdoor lights. This is only the 2nd year in our 10 years of marriage that we have had lights outside.

It was a family effort. Avery and Kyle worked on the trees.

IMG_5782 IMG_5787

Kendall checked out the pine needles while I worked on the bushes.

IMG_5786

I was so excited I went to a few more stores to look for lights to put on our walkway.

I ended up having to wait until Monday to get them.

IMG_5791

I love our outside lights. They make me so happy.

Avery made us go out each night last week and look at them together! I think she likes them too!!!

I then started on everything else. I even decorated the baby gate. If it is going to be around it might as well have a bow.

IMG_5794 IMG_5792

IMG_5857

I knew Friday was going to be crazy so I decided to try and make SuSu’s sugar cookies.

In between going outside in the snow and warming up, we made them. I was nervous because I had big shoes to fill. Avery loves these cookies.

IMG_5797

Avery doing the ‘butter dance’ while the butter softens in the microwave.

IMG_5801 IMG_5800

She loves her apron SuSu made her.

IMG_5821

They turned out great. We were a little busy to take a picture of the end results. They didn’t get iced either but they are almost gone!!!!!

We have another batch in the fridge that we are making this week. I promised her we would ice those.

Yesterday we went a picked a Christmas tree. We didn’t cut one down this year but it was still fun.

We found the perfect tree.

I worked really hard while the girls were napping to get the lights on. I wanted it to be ready when Avery got up so we could decorate. When she woke up, she gasped and said it was so cool!

It was time to get busy.

IMG_5848 IMG_5849

IMG_5850

I did my best to let go and let Avery add what she wanted and where. She lost interest pretty quick.

~The end result~

IMG_5855

 

IMG_5853

Today while Avery and I were walking upstairs, she said, “I love our tree, Mommy. It makes me happy. I think it is beautiful.” She warms my heart! I have to agree with her.

No comments: