2.08.2010

Bridge Fest 2010

The local YMCA puts on a 5K each year. We decided at the last minute to walk it with the girls. The best part was that the 5K didn’t start until 9:00 on Sat. morning.

We weren’t sure how the whole thing would go down since Kendall normally takes a nap in the morning but we put our warm clothes on, packed the car with the bike trailer, and off we went.

We were very lucky to have the sun out.

IMG_6477

IMG_6478

Kevin, Kyle’s co-worker that moved here from P-town, joined us.

IMG_6483

IMG_6481


Anyone that has been with me during Race for the Cure knows that I hate the beginning of races (not that I do many). I get a little claustrophobic with all the people around. With the stroller we had to hang back which was really nice.

IMG_6486

IMG_6488

The race starts at the Y and goes across the bridge that connects Kingwood to Humble and comes back to end at the Y.

We had a blast. Kyle and I each got to get a little jogging in.

At the very end, Avery got out to walk with Daddy.

IMG_6490

It didn’t last long before she was on his shoulders.

IMG_6492

Kendall fussed on and off but overall she was a champ!

IMG_6494

IMG_6495Some of the Cooper crew was waiting for us at the end!

IMG_6496 

Kyle went to check to see if they had any shirts left.

This is what greeted me when they returned.

IMG_6497

A very happy girl that got a medal.

I think they thought she ran during the kids race…oh well..she was very proud!!!

I hope everyone got to enjoy some of the sun this weekend!

Cheers!

No comments: