My friends, Michelle and Mandy, got me going for this summer. I have a list of fun and random things to pull from when we don’t have anything to do. My goal is to print them and put them in a jar to pull from. I made colorful calendars for the next 3 months with fun dates that already set with family, friends, or playdates. I also gave every 2 weeks a theme. Avery loves to check look at them. Here is what June looks like so far. I already have a few things to add. Guess I better get the markers back out!
Last week and this week was all about flowers.
Our big crafts:
Recycled Flowers
Flower Shirts
I made one too!
The shirts were more labor for me because I had to cut out the stencil from freezer paper. But the results are well worth it. Now we just need to wait 36 more hrs before we can wash them. I am not sure Avery (or I) can wait that long.
We also hit Wendy’s up this week. The one by us does a storytime, face painting, and balloon animals every Tues. Avery and Kendall loved the free Frosty.
We finally made it to the new library. Super nice. Avery had a blast picking out books to bring home!
Now I just need to keep Kendall from getting them!


5 comments:
Love the calendar...I've been doing that since my twins were three! They love it, also had the helper of the day on it...you will need that soon..and we write in the square at night or during dinner a reflection on the day...sometime the kids just put smiles on the square. Love it, and it helps with math and reading! You are a great mommy!
What a great mom! Im impressed.
We are doing one of these calendars! One of my friends Elaine from "Our Semi-Homemade Life" had the link on her blog. I'm totally stealing it because it's such a cute idea!.
http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/06/summer-to-dos.html
We are doing one of these calendars! One of my friends Elaine from "Our Semi-Homemade Life" had the link on her blog. I'm totally stealing it because it's such a cute idea!.
http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/06/summer-to-dos.html
Love it! I plan on doing the same thing when the babies get a bit older! I've got so many bins full of activities from thematic units that I can't wait to share with them! Good job momma! Your girls are beautiful!
Post a Comment