8.16.2010

Mommy’s Trip

Almost 2 weeks ago, I flew solo to Chicago. My buddy, Amber, moved to Granger, IN when we moved to Reno…only her move was permanent. We have been talking since then about taking a trip together. I decided I needed to visit her first. 

I am not really sure where to start because the weekend was a blast all around!!!

O’Hare was HUGE! It was Amber’s first time driving there. It only took 30 mins for us to find each other. Thank goodness for our cell phones.

We spent Thursday night in Chicago.

IMG_8099

We had a nice view of the running track for the building next across the street.

When we changed into different clothes for the night, I realized my sassy heals were not in my bag. The Security in Houston searched my bag and didn’t put them back in. SWEET!! Oh yeah, they searched it because of my book light. REALLY!!

Thanks to Amber over packing for one night…she had 2 pair of shoes.

Once the dilemma was solved…we were off to get some drinks.

Our first stop was Roof on top of The Whit. We ended up meeting a group from The Woodlands. Small world. I would post a picture but I totally have a double chin so I won’t scare you with the picture. After a snack and drink, we were off to Millennium Park.

On the way, I had to enjoy some fun moments!

IMG_8109  IMG_8101

 IMG_8113

Amber kept telling me about The Bean. I didn’t have a clue what she was trying to tell me.

Now I get it!

IMG_8116

IMG_8119

Here we are taking a picture of our reflection from The Bean.

IMG_8123

Millennium Park also had a water feature that was a little disturbing to me, but the kids loved it.

IMG_8128 IMG_8129

After some amazing people watching, we took a cab to dinner. Carmines was awesome!!!

On Friday, after a relaxing breakfast, we took the subway to Wrigleyville.

IMG_8136

We met a group of older men from Jersey on the way. A local told us we were going the wrong way so Amber and I decided to get off. The Jersey crew followed. In the end, we were on the right train. The Jersey crew blamed the “Texas Girl”. They were really mad when we finally got back on and the train was totally full so we all had to stand.

IMG_8137 

IMG_8140

I was shocked by the older men with their binders. They jumped every time a taxi stopped. It was really sad when the players avoided them.

We enjoyed a few beers at

IMG_8145

We ran into the Jersey crew. They bought us a round. I guess after a few beers it doesn’t matter because Wrigleyville makes it all better.

IMG_8146

(The guy in the red shirt lives in the town next to Snooky. He kept saying he was her father.)

We headed back downtown to do some shopping and sightseeing.

This is my favorite sculpture I found while walking around.

IMG_8173

We decided it was time to head to IN. Granger is only 1 1/2 hrs away from Chicago but it is in a total different time zone. That night we enjoyed catching up while drinking wine outside by the firepit. I had to change into to jeans because it was so cool.

On Saturday, we went to Notre Dame. It is a beautiful campus. I was shocked to see that their was a wedding going on at 9 am.

IMG_8183IMG_8185

Colin has a favorite shirt to wear when football season starts.

IMG_8178

For our afternoon adventure, we heading to Michigan. We went to St. Joseph, Michigan. It is a sweet beach town. We lucked out because they were having a Farmer’s Market and Street Chalk Drawing Contest.

IMG_8213 IMG_8192 IMG_8219

We enjoyed a yummy lunch over looking Lake Michigan.

IMG_8204

IMG_8201   IMG_8200

They even had an indoor merry-go-round. I wanted to go and see it. It was beautiful.

IMG_8208

After taking this picture, I noticed this copper statue. I told Amber that it had freaky eyes. After saying that, it turned and winked at me. Yes, it was a real person. I felt like I was in Vegas.

IMG_8209   IMG_8210

We took it easy later that night. Amber and I tried a new resturant by her house.

We had a great day. It was bizarre that I was in 3 different states in 2 days.

I had to take this picture. They have a McDonalds in between the toll road right by the toll booths.

IMG_8227

The Kennedy’s were amazing hosts! Thanks guys.

While I was out of town, Kyle took the girls to Boerne to see his parents. Avery said they had a great time swimming and riding in the golf cart.

008 021

Kyle took the girls to the SA Zoo before heading home on Sunday to pick me up.

013

029

No comments: