10.02.2010

Race for the Cure

This morning I took the girls with me for Houston’s Race for the Cure. My MOPS group had a team. I was a little disappointed because they did not allow strollers on the 5k route. Our plan was to walk the Family Walk which is less than 1/2 mile. It was an early morning since the walk started at 8:00. I must say the girls looked cute at 6 am.

IMG_8630 My friend, Sheri, rode with us. She had PINK hair spray. Avery thought that was awesome!

IMG_8632

Avery helped us with our MOPS sign.IMG_8637

Here we are ready to go!

IMG_8645 I wore my Team PinKK shirt from last year. My good friend, Kathryn, is now a survivor. She is a strong and amazing woman!

We were stopped right by the finish line because of the crowds. Before I had realized it, Kendall had grabbed a banana off the table. I opened it for her and she greatly enjoyed it.

IMG_8648

Avery really enjoyed all the goodies after the race. She even got her own package of gum. She got her face painted and went in a bounce house.

IMG_8652 IMG_8653

I was super surprise when Sheri took her to get a camera. She had to take a picture with a pirate. This was a HUGE stretch for her. I guess you will do anything to get a real camera at her age.

IMG_8654 IMG_8655I was pretty surprised they were giving away underwear. Really?? We had to grab some for kicks!

IMG_8651 

The girls got medals too. Kendall didn’t want to wear hers but Avery is very proud.

IMG_8659

No comments: