6.28.2012

Lake Conroe

Our friend's parents have a lake house on Lake Conroe. Each summer our group goes for a few days. We were not able to go last year and the year before I only went for the day because Kendall was so young. 
This year we went for one night. 
I was asked to make our favorite One Cup Cookies for the trip.


A few moms went out on Monday. So the plan was to meet everyone at the movies in Conroe on Tues. 
Avery was very excited about seeing everyone. Kendall was excited about seeing her first movie in the theatre.  

Since it was a special treat, I bought the girls the snack pack. They loved the popcorn and gummy snacks.
After the movie, we caravanned to Kelly's house.

The sky was pretty dark yet amazing. 


The kiddos didn't seem bothered by it. They were playing games inside. 
At this point we had 6 moms and 14 1/2 kids because Baby Bo is only 1 mth.

Then the rain started to roll across the lake. 
The kiddos ran outside to play in the rain. We didn't mind since the thunder had stopped and we didn't see any lightning. 

 How it got into dumping gallons of water on their heads, we don't know. I guess it doesn't matter because they were having a blast!!!


After changing clothes, they kiddos played outside. They played Duck, Duck, Goose, Chase and Red Rover, Red Rover. We almost wanted to teach them Kick the Can!

2 moms and 4 kids left had to leave. 
We got sidetracked and didn't take a picture with the whole crew. 
We did get this silly pictures with group that was staying the night (Bo was napping).


They fed the fish before dinner. 


The sunset was beautiful!

I have to say I was shocked no one fell off the side while feeding the fish. 

Right before we went in, I took this picture. 
Breathtaking!


After getting to bed late and getting up early, the kids were able to hit the water. 
Remember these smiles because Kendall's disappears later.
Some of the kids went tubing but Avery just wanted to ride in the boat.
Here is the first boat full of smiles.
 This group waited patiently for the 2 shift. 
 Kendall wanted to ride but after riding she was not happy. As soon as she got back on the dock, she ripped off her jacket. 
I tried to get her to swim but she didn't like that either. I think the lifejacket threw her for a loop. She didn't like it. 
 Now these three had a blast in the water. 

Over all we had a great time, yes with all the kids we saw a few tears but those will be forgotten quickly. 
After a quick lunch, I packed up and took off so we could be home for a nap.
Well, Avery crashed out before we got out of the neighborhood. Kendall chatted all the way home. She took a great nap at home. I even squeezed one in while Avery watched Arthur. 


We were all happy after naps. 


Everyone did go to bed early and sleep late the next morning. 


No comments: