We started our weekend on Friday. Kyle had the day off for the first time since working at Dell. He played golf then headed home to watch some of the Masters. By the time he got home, my left ear had started to hurt. I didn't think much of it. We went out to dinner and enjoyed a few drinks. By the time I finished feeding Kendall at 10, my left ear felt closed and my right ear was hurting. I didn't sleep well that night. I was waiting for the clock to hit 9 am so I could call our friend, Aurora, who is a dr. She asked me a few questions and then called in some meds for me but I had to promise to stop by and see her in the afternoon. Well, as the day went on, my ears got worse. I was in so much pain. I took vicodin that I had from my c-section so I could take a nap when the girls did. The nap was great but when I got up I couldn't hear very well out of both ears. I carefully drove to Aurora's house to find out that I had 2 outer ear infections. She said they looked pretty bad so she called in some drops.
I slept in the guest bedroom because I was so uncomfortable and I wanted Kyle to get sleep so he could be fully functioning for the next day. One of us needed some solid sleep. I turned the monitor up really loud so I could hear it. I think it was on 5. Super loud.
Easter morning was fairly low key. Avery hunted eggs outside. Here are a few pictures.



She really just wanted to eat the chocolate bunny from SuSu and Poppy.
I hit the worst low on Sunday. Not being able to really hear Kendall cry when she is in her crib is really hard. I am thankful Kyle was there. He mainly took Avery while I just had Kendall. He went out each day with Avery to get us dinner. No way in hell I was cooking. Aurora called to check on me. She said Kyle needed to help get the drops in my ears even if that meant digging around a little.
I am very thankful I didn't use all my pain drugs from my c-section. They have helped me get some sleep at night. I have to sleep on my back and slightly sitting up. Good Times!!!
He stayed home on today. Kyle and Avery went to the grocery store...2 hours. Gotta love that.
Today was the first day that I was able to read a book or look a mag. I was actually able to concentrate on something other than the pain. Small steps. My guess is that this pain might be close to a serious migraine. I am not sure but it is hell. Kyle made me an appt to see an ENT tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed they can do something about being able to hear. At this point, I will take the pain if I can hear better. Aurora says they have something that can suction out what is in my ear...ouch but it might work.
Kyle has been an angel. I know he has a super busy week this week but he was my hero this weekend and today. He might not think he did a lot but he was here. He took care of me and the girls. That is one of the reasons I love him so much.
I promise to update tomorrow!!
I slept in the guest bedroom because I was so uncomfortable and I wanted Kyle to get sleep so he could be fully functioning for the next day. One of us needed some solid sleep. I turned the monitor up really loud so I could hear it. I think it was on 5. Super loud.
Easter morning was fairly low key. Avery hunted eggs outside. Here are a few pictures.
She really just wanted to eat the chocolate bunny from SuSu and Poppy.
I hit the worst low on Sunday. Not being able to really hear Kendall cry when she is in her crib is really hard. I am thankful Kyle was there. He mainly took Avery while I just had Kendall. He went out each day with Avery to get us dinner. No way in hell I was cooking. Aurora called to check on me. She said Kyle needed to help get the drops in my ears even if that meant digging around a little.
I am very thankful I didn't use all my pain drugs from my c-section. They have helped me get some sleep at night. I have to sleep on my back and slightly sitting up. Good Times!!!
He stayed home on today. Kyle and Avery went to the grocery store...2 hours. Gotta love that.
Today was the first day that I was able to read a book or look a mag. I was actually able to concentrate on something other than the pain. Small steps. My guess is that this pain might be close to a serious migraine. I am not sure but it is hell. Kyle made me an appt to see an ENT tomorrow. I am keeping my fingers crossed they can do something about being able to hear. At this point, I will take the pain if I can hear better. Aurora says they have something that can suction out what is in my ear...ouch but it might work.
Kyle has been an angel. I know he has a super busy week this week but he was my hero this weekend and today. He might not think he did a lot but he was here. He took care of me and the girls. That is one of the reasons I love him so much.
I promise to update tomorrow!!


1 comment:
praying for you Missy...Keep us posted. Ear aches are the worst!
Miss you!
Post a Comment