8.22.2011

Avery's First Day


"I am up early and ready to go!" She said she did want me to have to wake her up this morning so she woke up early!
Breakfast request: cinnamon rolls
"Take my picture too!"

My sweet Avery is in Kindergarten!
Time for pictures before we sweat on our way to school!
Such sweet sisters
Kendall wanted to join in the pictures, too!


We all walked to school this morning. We will not be doing that again until the weather cools off. We were sticky and hot! YUCKY!
I got a little choked up when I gave her her 'kissing hand' kiss.
"Mommy?"
Daddy and Avery
I baked her a cookie to surprise her when she got home!

Today was a huge success! "Kindergarten is COOL!" was the first thing she said to me when she got in the car. She learned how to spell RED. (Of course I showed her my color books from teaching earlier this summer but it wasn't cool then!) She sang me the RED song. I joined in and she thought that was neat. I gave her my color books. She wants to show Mrs. Clift the RED one tomorrow.
She has 18 students in her class. I was relieved since the state lifted the number cap this year.

3 comments:

Sarah Mertz said...

hip hip hooray! Glad it went smoothly.

Sisco Family said...

yeah for kindergarten! so glad that she is loving it! there are too many similarities in our families. i gave allie a kissing hand kiss too! :) and allie came home with the red song too. so fun!

but i can't imagine not having anyone at home! what will you do? i should start a list for when my time comes. ha! :)

Cam said...

Nice information! I'm really enjoying reading your blog here!