8.17.2011

San Diego


On the van ride to the terminal, Kendall said, "This is great! Let's ride it home." I guess we could just take bus trips and our kids would be happy!
The girls did a great job on the plane. They played with sticker books, 'find-it' bags, Strawberry Shortcake movies, colors, and snacks. I actually got to read!!!!
We rented a little 2 bd/2 bath house in La Jolla. It was perfect for us. It also had a hot tub out back.
Avery hanging out.
We walked to the beach the first night. The girls loved feeling the sand in their toes. I think I got some great pics of them, too!!!




We hit Legoland on our first full day.

We had a blast. There was so much for the girls to do. It was a great age to take them. The weather was perfect too!! I think it helped up last all day.
I was amazed by all the things they created out of legos.

We went to San Diego while we were living in Reno. This was one of the first pictures we took. We took another one of Avery this trip. :)
Avery 2007
Avery 2011
My sweet family on the pier.

Our big adventure for Friday was the ZOO!!!!


They had a great time. It was a lot of walking for Avery so she ended up in the stroller while Kendall was on my shoulders.

We dinner at Alfonso's in La Jolla Friday night. YUMMY!
Thanks to Michelle's brother, David, for the suggestion!!
We walked around after dinner.

We stopped off to watch the sun go down.

After a yummy breakfast at Kono's Cafe Saturday morning, we made a quick stop at Torrey Pines.
We then headed to the La Jolla Aquarium.


The girls got to touch a starfish.

The aquarium had an amazing view.

On Saturday afternoon, we walked down the street to the beach. The girls were so excited. Avery climbed rocks and Kendall played in the sand.





The McClure girls

Sunday morning we had to wake the girls up at 4:00 am to get on the 6:14 plane home. They did great. Kendall fell asleep on the way down into Houston. We grabbed some lunch and headed home to rest for the rest of the day.

We loved every part of our trip.
The quote of the trip comes from Kendall. "It's okay ____. Don't worry!"
Now, where to go next?


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! Glad the girls enjoyed it and it doesn't look like it was too chilly. :) I haven't blogged in over 3 months. I guess I better get with it!